Funding Sources

Arbor Research believes that transparency of funding is important to conveying reliable research results, and maintains a diverse base of support for its research activities. In 2020, the organization received 71% of its support directly or indirectly from U.S. government entities, including AHRQ, CDC, CMS, HRSA, and the NIH. The remaining 29% of funding comes from foundations, foreign governmental agencies, and private sponsorships.

Since the start of 2020, Arbor Research has received funding from the sources listed below (including divisions / subsidiaries):

Foundations, Non-profits, and Universities

  • Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Michigan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Bordeaux University Hospital
  • Duke University
  • Giannina Gaslini Institute
  • International Society of Nephrology
  • Japanese Society for Peritoneal Dialysis
  • Keele University
  • Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen
  • Kyungpook National University Hospital-Driven Hospital
  • Medical Technology and Practice Patterns Institute, Inc.
  • Medical University of Vienna
  • Montefiore Medical Center
  • New York University School of Medicine
  • Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
  • PRECEDE Consortium, Inc.
  • Project Purple
  • The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
  • The Kidney Foundation, Japan (KFJ)
  • The Regents of the University of Michigan
  • The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
  • Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania

Government Agencies

  • Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
  • Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
  • Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
  • Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
  • National Institutes of Health (NIH)
    • National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)

Private Sector

  • Akebia Therapeutics, Inc.
  • Albireo Pharma
  • Amgen
  • AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
  • Bard Peripheral Vascular, Inc.
  • Baxter Healthcare Corporation
  • Bayer
  • Cara Therapeutics
  • Dialyze Direct, LLC
  • Fibrogen, Inc.
  • Fresenius Medical Care Asia-Pacific Ltd.
  • GlaxoSmithKline LLC
  • Horizon Therapeutics USA, Inc.
  • Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
  • Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
  • Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
  • Reata Pharmaceuticals
  • United HealthCare Services, Inc.
  • Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharm